'Cowman' and 'Pink Sign Man' support the walkers
The Opening Ceremonies for Boston began at 6:30 a.m. and the weather was very brisk!  We began walking by 7:00 a.m. I was wearing my raincoat just to keep warm, along with about 4 other layers, which I shed one by one throughout the day.  I was told that weather can change very rapidly in Boston, so I didn't know what to expect. 
The route on Sat. was through lots of small towns and I never saw so many Dunkin' Donuts.  On Sun. Andrea ( my walking partner from Rancho Cucamonga) and I counted 8 of them ( we were trying to entertain ourselves!)
  When I came into camp at 5:00 all I wanted to do was take a shower and eat dinner.  Our tent angel (Bob) had set up our tent and had brought in my duffle and opened my sleeping bag (he's a keeper, for sure!).  That night was about 32 degrees.  Mighty cold for sleeping in a tent!  I slept in my clothes for Sun. with as many layers as I could, except that my toes were frozen.  In the middle of the night I remember that I had hand warmers for my gloves and I opened them and stuck them in my socks.  It worked and my toes were more comfortable.  By Sun. at lunch it was quite a bit warmer and some were even wearing tank tops. Lots of people wanted bracelets during lunch and it was great fun selling them and giving out my website cards.  That is a time when I get to interact with so many walkers and crew and get to hear their stories.  That is always special.  A new experience were the number of people who introduced themselves that I had met last year and were planning to walk next year as well.  I was interviewed by the Boston Globe during closing ceremonies.  I will have to figure out how to look that up on the internet to see if anything was actually printed.
The walk was wonderful, but the most touching thing for me was coming home and walking into my house with pink balloons all over the kitchen and up the staircase and flowers in the kitchen and in my bedroom from my family.
On to Cincinnati!